Q: How does the cost of a Katy Birth Center birth compare to a hospital birth?
Consider a birthing center and midwife. If you’re healthy, at low risk for complications, and want a natural childbirth, you can save a bundle by delivering at a birthing center instead of a hospital. At a birthing center, the average vaginal birth with no complications usually costs about half of what the same type of delivery at a hospital would cost. You’ll save even more if you use a midwife instead of a doctor — and you increase your chances of getting that natural birth you’re hoping for…Heidi Murkoff, What to Expect When You’re Expecting.
Some links you might consider:
Q: How much does it cost to birth at Katy Birth Center?
At Katy Birth Center we provide safe, individualized, comprehensive care where you and your baby receive a more personalized approach to your care during your pregnancy, birth and postpartum period.
You may not be aware that birth center fees are typically at least 50% less for a normal vaginal delivery than hospital-based care.
Cost of care can be:
- OB physician $3-8K
- Hospital (Vaginal Birth $3-12K for mom, $2-5K for the newborn care, C/Section $15-20k additional cost)
- Pathologist (for reading your labs)
- Anesthesiologist (epidural $3K, etc.)
- Imaging Services (ultrasounds, x-rays, etc)
- Laboratory Tests
- Pediatrician Care
Typically cost can range anywhere from $8,000 on the low end for a natural birth of up to $40,000 in total for a hospital birth, depending on the situation.
Cost of care at Katy Birth Center:
Generally, a home or birth center birth will run $6-7K, and a fully detailed cost estimate is available upon request.
Our main Maternity Care Package includes:
- Prenatal Care
- Routine labs
- Labor / Birth
- Postpartum Care
- Assistant (at delivery)
- Initial Newborn Care
- Newborn Exam
- Breastfeeding counseling/assistance
- Facility /or loaner pool (if home) most supplies
Additional services not included in the Katy Birth Center Maternity Care Packages are as follows:
- Non Routine Laboratory tests *
- Imaging Studies (including ultrasounds)
- Acupuncture treatment
- Chiropractic Care
- Childbirth education
- Office Visits to address non-routine problems
- Medical care needed and provided by a physician
- Specialist or hospital care
- Newborn screens, tests, and medications
- Rhogam Shots
- Labor & Delivery therapies or medications
- For the insurance package Lab tests will be billed to your insurance company
* We will review all laboratory tests needed and charges before they are done. A list of laboratory charges are available upon request